Feature highlights include:
- Speed! Up to 4X faster than the Unity editor’s built-in .obj importing. A 4MB .obj file will typically be parsed and the model generated in < 1 second, depending on CPU speed.
- High compatibility: loads most .obj files generated by different apps.
- Optionally generate tangents for use in shaders that need them, such as normal-map shaders.
- Read groups in the same file as separate meshes, or combined into one. If read as separate meshes, you can bypass Unity’s usual 65,534 vertices per model limitation, as long as each group doesn’t exceed that number. Groups can also be read as submeshes.
- Read UV info and normals, or choose to auto-generate normals.
- Objects can be scaled, rotated, and positioned by any amount on import.
- Works with iOS and Android.
- Includes .mtl file support with texture loading (.png and .jpg format only).
Note that the .obj format has no animation support.