Everything you need for accessing files at runtime from within your Unity games or apps! Allow users to easily open or save files with a simple function call with this comfortable and functional file browser window.
Cross-platform OnGUI code means you provide a consistent experience and don’t need to fiddle with external platform-dependent libraries. Plus you get the full commented source, and it comes with complete documentation. Get UniFileBrowser now
Feature highlights include:
- Can be skinned as desired, and the various GUI elements can be resized easily. Includes two demo GUISkins.
- Actions for opening and saving files, and opening folders.
- Filter files by extension, including multiple extensions.
- Optionally show file dates.
- Can automatically add an extension when saving.
- Allow or disallow navigation to other folders.
- Full keyboard control.
- Can use multi-file selection, including shift for selecting a range of files and command/ctrl for adding/removing individual files.
- Can have a delete button. (Limiting to the initial folder is strongly recommended in this case.)
- Can show volumes/hard drives.
- When saving, can prevent input of “illegal” characters that are not allowed in file names in common file systems.
- Can allow or disallow window dragging and resizing.
- Extensive API for full runtime control.
- Supports Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux; also works on mobile devices, with support for touch actions such as scrolling.
UniFileBrowser requires Unity 4.6 or later (and works with Unity 5 or later, including Unity 2017). Several licenses are available to suit your needs, starting at US$9.95. Source code is included, works on most platforms including mobile. Note that UniFileBrowser does not work with WebGL, since security measures prevent WebGL from having local file access.
If you have any questions or comments, you can use one of these methods:
“Hiya, bought the file browser the other week. And it is really well documented, and quite easy to use. Thanks a ton.”
“Saves a lot of time and it works out of the box.”
“It works great, in just five minutes, you got it working as you want.”
See more feedback about UniFileBrowser and other utilities!